According to Duy consciousness, hatred is one of the six basic afflictions: Greed, hatred, ignorance, compassion, suspicion, and ants. Because this is the root of afflictions deeply rooted in human consciousness should be called the basis of negativity. The Buddha taught how to neutralize anger and openness.
1. To be altruistic, to eliminate anger
Anger is a source of anger, hatred, revenge, and evil. The Buddha considered anger is a toxin capable of destroying the soul and body of people not only in this life but also in future lives. In the Buddhist scriptures often call pitch along with greed, ignorance is the three poisons. The Buddha also likened the yard to fierce fire, like robbers, like poisonous snakes: “Anger is more than fierce fire, often to be wary of not allowing it to enter. Stealing merit is nothing more than anger … If there are poisonous snakes in greed, hatred, and ignorance in mind, they must be quickly discarded, or they will be harmed by them “(Sutra).
Anger not only makes oneself pressing, suffering but also brings insecurity to others and society. For oneself, people who embrace anger easily cause mistakes, creating akusala karmas that cause suffering for this life and the next. When anger arises, people cannot control emotions, cannot control thoughts, actions, and words, thereby creating negative karma. Resentment obscures the mind so that people do not realize the nature of the incident, are unable to handle the situations encountered in a positive, right way in their favor. Hatred makes people not have the feeling of peaceful happiness, life lost joy and meaning.
Hatred makes people not have the feeling of peaceful happiness, life lost joy and meaning.
According to Duy consciousness, hatred is one of the six basic afflictions: Greed, hatred, ignorance, compassion, suspicion, and ants. Because this is the root of afflictions deeply rooted in human consciousness should be called the basis of negativity. The yard belongs to the type of anguish-born sentence, that is, the affliction that appears at the same time as the human being (the same-born sentence). This means that at birth one has this type of disturbing mind.
According to the theory of A-re-da dependent kick, the pitch, as well as other dharma, are caused by predestined conditions. When the conditions and conditions are suitable, the seeds of anger (the seeds of anger are available due to the accumulation of many lifetimes) in the mind will arise, the more will be the training of the seeds of anger. Nursing and relay to have conditions to arise. If anger seeds are regularly cultivated, watered, they will become a set of habits (habits), which create a personality and personality of people: anger, anger, roughness, rude, like violence, fragile.
2. How to eliminate anger, openness to altruism?
Anger has many different states, levels, and expressions, such as anger, anger, anger, resentment, hatred … sometimes expressed through facial expressions (frowning, frowning, rolling eyes). , grinding teeth …), attitude, words (yelling, shouting, screaming, intimidating …), gestures, actions (throwing things, torturing, killing …), but sometimes not manifested but kept hidden inside. altruism
Some conditions and conditions that cause the aversion to arise include stress, fatigue, hunger, sickness, provocation, injustice, mental or physical harm, rights infringed upon, Honor hurt, met strict scenes not like, ambition hindered, not satisfied …
When angry, the body immediately increases the secretion of adrenalin,
causing a rapid heartbeat, and an increase in blood pressure and abnormal breathing. If the mood is constantly stressed,
the glands in the body will malfunction, leading to susceptibility to cardiovascular and digestive diseases.
When angry, the body immediately increases the secretion of adrenalin,
causing a rapid heartbeat and an increase in blood pressure and abnormal breathing. If the mood is constantly stressed, the glands in the body will malfunction,
leading to susceptibility to cardiovascular and digestive diseases. altruism
In terms of health, when angry, the body immediately increases the secretion of adrenaline,
causing the heart to beat faster and increase blood pressure, abnormal breathing. If the mood is constantly stressed, the glands in the body will malfunction,
leading to susceptibility to cardiovascular and digestive diseases. According to Eastern medicine, an illness caused by lovelorn (7 types of psychology): Hy, anger,
craving, love, compassion, compassion, terror, terror (or joy, wrath, craving, love, love, love, love, love, sex) that were born. Lovelorn’s hurting spirit, losing the balance of yin and yang are the main causes of illness. In it, anger (anger) is the yard. Oriental medicine also added: angry liver damage, too happy heart damage, anxiety damaged spleen, compassionate pity, panic kidney damage … In the field of psychology, anger can lead to symptoms of depression, melancholy brain, melancholy, boredom, self-destruction …
Anger is contagious as a contagious disease. Living in an environment of anger, stressful, heavy atmosphere, it can spread from person to person. A person who is in a mood of anger, anger, and resentment will make those around him feel suffocated and stressed and upset. An angry person can make others angry. Anger is like a fire, it can spread everywhere.
According to Buddhism, both of the above are not good methods. Because suppressing anger in your heart is not only harmful to your health, it is also a form of harboring anger,
keeping it in its latent form, until at a certain time when the conditions are right,
when the anger can not be controlled anymore, it is even more frightening than the initial anger. A way for your anger to come out (screaming, beating animals, throwing things away)
can release some of your anger, but not completely dissipate it. So this is only a temporary way, not the optimal solution. Buddhism has many ways to effectively neutralize anger. altruism
3. Buddha taught how to neutralize anger and openness altruism
– Practicing the four immeasurable minds: Compassion, compassion, joy, and equanimity are the optimal methods to help us completely transform the seeds of anger in the mind, remove hatred, spread love, spread the energy from compassion comes to everyone even though it is an object that makes us angry. As such, we will open our hearts, be more compassionate and more altruistic.
– All have the law of cause and effect: Contemplating karma, karma also helps us to eliminate anger. When we think that everything that happens to us is predestined, from there we easily accept things that are not as intended. We know that the attitude of letting go, accepting the repayment of karma and not continuing to create akusala Kamma is a wise attitude. In the Dhammapada, the Buddha taught a lot about that: “It insults me, beats me, destroys me, robs me”, whoever abandons that mind, the resentment will take place “, also easily open to forgiveness, not angry with life.
Learn how to be patient, not to be angry with impermanence: In the Dhammapada, the Buddha taught: “The other does not understand that: everyone will be destroyed by the law of impermanence, thus wasting effort. rather than losing. If they understand that, there is no debate. ”
When contemplating the teachings of the Buddha, seeing that everyone will eventually die, everything more than losing has no meaning. Anger for what? What about more? How about losing? Why not let the serenity and joyful life cause more trouble, make life disturbed and insecure. Save time and effort to do something useful for yourself and your life. altruism
– Mindfulness Method: Awareness of anger is present in the mind. Knowing the presence of anger helps us to control it before it overcomes our mind. If you focus your attention on the object that makes us angry, then your anger will grow even bigger. But if we focus inward, contemplate, monitor our anger and angry emotions, then the anger in us will gradually subside.
– In the four foundations of mindfulness, Buddha taught the monks to contemplate mind in the mind by that way. The practitioner follows his mind, knowing that the mind has greed when it arises, knowing that the mind has a yard when the pitch arises, knowing that the mind has delusion when it arises. Practitioners are always mindful.
– The method of mindfulness of breathing also helps us to control anger. Whenever angry, should take a deep breath, slow, steady, soft, gentle breathing, paying close attention to the breathing in and out. This measure helps to stabilize psychology, we have the calm, calm new enough insight to consider things and have appropriate solutions and behaviors. Calm down and control yourself, your emotions will also make you more tolerant and more generous. altruism